Following CEDIA 2015 where we won the CEPro BEST award for Multiroom A/V, we are pleased to announce that we are now shipping the award-winning 3G Ultra HD over IP transmitters and receivers, with built-in 4K scaling and seamless HDCP handling capabilities, which allow every integrated screen to display its optimum resolution up to and including 2160p.
Officially launched at CEDIA 2015, our new 3G Ultra HD over IP platform provides a readily-available solution for video matrixing 4K and lower content from multiple HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.x sources to any combination of HDMI 2.0 and 1.x screens over a Gigabit network and Cat 5e / 6 cabling infrastructure. By using the 3G Ultra HD over IP transmitters and receivers alongside a Layer 3 Gigabit Managed switch, integrators can build any size of 4K-capable / HDCP 2.2-compliant HDMI matrix and be guaranteed that each integrated screen will display source content, whatever its HDMI or HDCP version. There is no need to set HDMI source devices to output the “lowest common denominator” resolution or purchase additional signal management boxes / EDID correctors, to place between HDMI sources and displays.
Deal with a mix of 4K and 1080p panels with ease.
The newest generation of Just Add Power hardware is ideal for projects in which integrators are faced with having 4K / HDMI 2.0 panels with HDCP 2.2 only in the primary viewing zones but legacy 1080p / 720p panels elsewhere- in bathrooms and pool areas, for example. In this scenario, the 3G Ultra HD over IP transmitters and receivers can be deployed alongside a Gigabit Managed switch to make a 4K source device with HDCP 2.2, such as the Sony FMP-X10 UHD player, be simultaneously viewed in 2160p (4K UltraHD) on 4K displays and in 1080p on Full HD displays. All scaling and HDCP handling is carried out by the 3G receivers, located behind each screen. Scaling is two-way, meaning that the 3G receivers can downscale a 4K signal with HDCP 2.2 to 1080p for viewing on HDMI 1. x screens and also upscale a Full HD 1080p or lower signal from any HDMI 1.x device, outputting it at a maximum of 4K 2160p for viewing on 4K TVs.
If you don’t want the receivers to scale source content up or down, there is a selectable passthrough mode on each receiver, which delivers the same video resolution output by the source directly to the TV. This passthrough mode is useful for new 4K panels with scaling functionality, as it will allow the 4K panel to carry out the upscaling process itself as opposed to the Just Add Power 3G receiver.
Dolby downmixing from 5.1.
3G Ultra HD over IP transmitters also have an on-board licensed Dolby Digital DSP processor that converts Dolby Digital 5.1 to Dolby PLII before sending it over the network to the receiver locations, with the result being that 5.1 is output in every multi-channel zone, while 2-channel is simultaneously output in all stereo zones. Stereo audio extraction with adjustable lip sync delay (up to 170 ms) and full variable audio control is available on both the 3G transmitters and receivers. 3G transmitters also have two analog audio inputs (stereo-in and Mic-in) that can be mixed with the HDMI audio stream.
Easy specification and installation.
3G Ultra HD over IP products make specifying and planning a job with 4K distribution requirements simple: all that is required is a single 3G Ultra HD over IP transmitter per HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.x source, a layer 3 Gigabit Managed switch with enough ports for the job (various models of Cisco and Luxul switches are recommended dependent on the project size), a 3G receiver per HDMI 2.0 or 1.x screen and a compatible control system. For instances where you need to take an HDMI signal further than 330 ft, you can stack supported models of switches using fiber optic cabling- allowing you to take an HDMI signal up to 10km! Control of a Just Add Power 3G Ultra HD over IP system is via two-way RS232 or IP. 3G devices can additionally support two-way CEC and IR control. Fully supported professional drivers are available free of charge for a range of third party control brands, including Control4, RTI, AMX, Crestron, Elan, On Controls, and URC. A profile is also available for Savant. Alternatively, the Media Switcher software allows for full control from a PC or Mac.
Ed Qualls, President and Founder of Just Add Power, commented: “ after our busiest CEDIA show ever we are excited to announce that we are shipping 3G Ultra HD over IP. For us, 4K is an evolution, not a revolution. We don’t believe in telling people to toss out what they bought last year or four years ago — 3G Ultra HD over IP uses the same switches, same cabling, same control system drivers, but offers more features and better performance. Unlike with fixed format products, integrators can actually use the new 3G Ultra HD over IP platform to update and integrate new 4K / HDMI 2.0 devices into their existing sites that are using earlier second generation (2G/ 2G+) Just Add Power products for Full HD 1080p video matrixing. We’ve safeguarded our dealers’ investment in our product, as earlier Just Add Power systems can remain in place and 4K sources and screens can be integrated by bridging 2G and 3G systems on the same network. For existing dealers we have created detailed documentation on how you can best create a blended 2G/3G system for when your clients decide to add 4K / HDMI 2.0 devices to their current setup.”
Enhanced Video Wall functionality for commercial projects has also been added to the 3G Ultra HD over IP platform, enabling installers to integrate video walls in 4K from 2×2 to 16×16 in size, with support for portrait and flipped displays. An Image Pop feature unique to the 3G range enables you to overlay a full color image or logo on top of the HDMI signal with alpha channel transparency- great for on-screen branding. All 3G products are POE-preferred, but are now also safe to use with almost any DC power supply – DC 4.7~23V.
The 3G Ultra HD over IP transmitters and receivers are shipping now. To find your local Just Add Power distributor visit the where to buy section of our website. For more information about the new 3G Ultra HD over IP platform email email@example.com.
- Build any size of network of HDMI devices, with video matrixing applications possible from as small 2×2 to as big as 4000 x 65000.
- In addition to video matrixing, can also be used point to point to extend one HDMI 2.0 or 1.x source to distances of 330ft over Cat 5e /6 cable or can be used to split HDMI 2.0 or 1.x one source to multiple displays.
- Input 2160P Ultra HD resolutions up to 60Hz 4:2:0- HDMI 2.0 devices with HDCP 2.2 supported
- Full HD and lower resolutions and HDMI 1.4 and lower devices also supported.
- All 3D video formats supported
- Instant Seamless switching between ANY resolution HDMI source (2160, 1080, 720, 576, 480, interlaced or progressive)
- Mix and match legacy HD monitors with new HDMI 2.0 monitors in the same network thanks to seamless HDCP conversion
- Supports PCM 2.0 Audio
- Supports Compressed Multichannel Audio
- Dolby down-mixing from 5.1- 5.1 Compressed Audio can optionally be converted to Dolby PLII and output as stereo 2.0 in individual zones.
- Improved Interlaced Video format support – now lossless
- Built-in video wall support from 2×2 to 16×16 in size-now with support for portrait and flipped displays, and no more tears.
- Stereo Compressed Audio Extractor with Programmable Delay on TX and RX
- Controllable Analog Audio with Ground Loop Isolator
- MIC-IN and LINE-IN ports on Transmitter (mix w/HDMI)
- Independent RS232 Matrix on LAN
- Real-Time Management Console Interface
- Integrated Null-Modem on RS232
- Two-Way CEC over IP Communications
- USB 2.0 over IP Supported for KVM applications
- Locking HDMI Cables Supported
- HTTP Interface with Unique Device Name support
- On Screen Display API
- Image Pop – overlay a full color image/logo on top of the HDMI signal with alpha channel transparency- great for on-screen alerts in residential applications and branding in commercial jobs.
- Image Push – upload a background image
- Image Pull – Live Preview snapshot of video from any RX or TX to any web device
- Image Pause – freeze frame on target displays
- Works with the same Control System Drivers, Ethernet Switches, and Integrator Tools as Just Add Power’s 2G/2G+/2G+AVPro products.
- Works with fiber (aka switches can be stacked using fiber to send HMDI to distances greater than 330 ft) but fiber is not required for best results
- Ultra low latencey – much better for live video end user experience vs. AVB
- POE RX and TX, but now safe to use with any DC power supply between – DC 4.7~23V